Diana and her dog Sam – an early muse for Zi Zai products
DIANA HERMANN, MAcOM, L.Ac.
Licensed Acupuncturist, NCCAOM Board Certified Herbalist
Founder of Zi Zai Dermatology
Diana Hermann, owner of Zi Zai Dermatology
, received her Master’s Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in 1999 after completing a four-academic-year graduate program at the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (OCOM) in Portland, Oregon. Academic and clinical education included a solid foundation in the theories and practices of Traditional Chinese Medicine that was well balanced with education in western sciences and the western understanding of the human body. Upon graduation, Diana continued her education and clinical training at the Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (NUTCM) in Nanjing, People’s Republic of China, where she completed internships in both internal medicine (Chinese Herbal Medicine, Dermatology Department) and in acupuncture at the affiliated hospitals of NUTCM (1999).
- Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Degree (MAcOM): Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, 1999
- Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.): State of Colorado, since 2002
- Certified in Oriental Medicine: National Commission for Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), since 2003
- Certified in Acupuncture: National Commission for Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), since 1999
- Certified in Chinese Herbology: National Commission for Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), since 1999
- Certified in Chinese Medicine Dermatology: International Traditional Chinese Medicine Dermatology Association, since 2015
Since a good practitioner’s learning should never end, Diana continues to pursue additional training in Oriental medicine annually by attending various continuing education seminars and taking post-graduate courses. In 2007 she completed an apprenticeship with Whitfield Reaves, one of the country’s leading sports medicine acupuncturists. In 2010 she became certified in Constitutional Facial Acupuncture Renewal, as taught by Mary Elizabeth Wakefield. In 2015, Diana completed the prestigious Chinese Medicine Dermatology Diploma Course
taught by world renown herbalist Mazin Al-Khafaji in London, UK. She returned to the Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 2017 for additional clinical observation. Diana specializes in the treatment of skin diseases, inflammatory bowel diseases, and respiratory illnesses.
Diana was born and raised in New Jersey. She graduated from Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado in 1995 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering. To maintain balance in her life, she began training in the martial arts (kung fu). This unexpectedly introduced her to Chinese medicine. Her fascination with this ancient healing art eventually guided her career down a new path. Outside of her dedication to helping her patients heal, Diana enjoys spending time with her rescue dogs and cat, running to stay fit, and relaxing at the beach whenever she can plan such trips.